View, edit or add roles and their specifications.
Number of people in the role
Permission to see other users
Permission to see revisions
Permission to see their profile
Mail list of the people who are assigned to this role
You can create a new role or copy an existing role from another project.
Create a new role
Name the role
- Use as a mail list
- If you want to send an instant message to all the members of the roleAs project administrator you can setup roles so they can be used as maillists. Whenever you modify an existing role or add a new role, you can indicate whether this role should be used as a maillist by selecting the check box ‘’use as mailist’’. Once this option is checked every next notification or annotation can be sent automatically to all users who are members of this particular role. E.g. If for the role ''Engineers'' the admin enables the checkbox ''use as maillist'' all members of the role ''Engineers'' will be notified (instead of notifying each user of the role ''Engineers'' separately).
- Members of this role can see other members
- If the users in this role cannot see other members they are not able to send notifications to other users.
- Members of this role can view revisions
- Members of this role can change their profile
- The members can change everything int their profile: profile picture, email, password, folder subscriptions…
- Use as a mail list
Import a role from another project
Searching existing roles from other projects (Please note that folder access rights will not be copied while importing any role. The folder structure is usually different in every project and folder access rights would not always be compatible if they were all copied.)
Optionally import members of the role (Please note that folder access rights will not be copied while importing any member. The folder structure is usually different in every project and folder access rights would not always be compatible if they were all copied.)
Add guest role
Users of this role will enter the project with limited view rights and without participating rights. For these users, you can choose the login name and the password. After adding a guest role you need to add a guest user.